Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
- Be Generous with Praise
- Encourage "Personal Best"
- Make Learning A Priority
- Show Interest in School Work
- Offer Suggestions
- Schedule Study Time
Salk Elementary School Parental Involvement Policy
Salk Elementary School, supporting the purposes of Title I, strives to build a strong partnership between home and school. This partnership is essential because student achievement improves when parents are involved in their child’s education. Activities to increase parental involvement are an integral part of the Title I program.
All parents at all grade levels should be involved in purposeful communication with the school and in the education of their own children. Together we can build community support for Salk Elementary School to the benefit of all.
- Salk Elementary School’s parent advisory council shall provide activities for meaningful consultation with parents.
- Parental involvement activities shall be a portion of the Site Improvement Plan.
- Salk Elementary shall provide transition activities that connect to Pre-Kindergarten through Sixth grade.
- Salk Elementary will annually review the parent involvement policy and amend the Site Improvement Plan.
- Salk Elementary will use current testing data, benchmark and other assessments to guide strategies for improvement.
- Salk Elementary will not use less than 1% of its total Title I allocation for parental involvement activities.
- Salk Elementary shall convene at least once for an annual meeting for parents, offering flexible times and child care.
- Salk Elementary shall involve parents and staff in the planning and design of its programs.
- Parents shall receive information in a timely manner.
- Salk Elementary School academic performance data and individual student progress will be made available to parents.
- Parents shall expect timely responses to their suggestions and concerns.
- Salk Elementary School shall provide opportunities for participation of all parents with limited English proficiency or disabilities.
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.